Spires is a term for the more specific Techspires, Warspires, and Culturespires that are the three arms of the human Triocracy.
In a broader sense a Spire is the center of power on a given planet and/or system. They come in various sizes and configurations, but the most prominent (and the first to come into existence) is the three mile high Terran Techspire with its surrounding The term "Tangle" refers specifically to the mass of humanity on Terra that resides between the three mile tal... More. Each planet within the Sphere of the Triocracy (that isn’t considered a terraforming operation or an outpost) has at least one Spire established on its surface, or in the process of being constructed.
Most Spires are not as restrictive as the first Techspire on Terra, allowing citizens to come and go with far fewer restrictions.
Spires came about as an evolution from the devastating events following the rise of Ascension is the first artificial intelligence to reach sentience in the early 21st century. There are various... More which ultimately led to the Digital Dark Age and the decade long Transcendence Wars of 2300. Millions fled the planet and most of those who couln’t perished. Billions perished during the wars which rendered Earth nigh uninhabitable in the end. Only establishment of the first Spire on Earth (Terra) led to humanity’s survival and ability to later spread to the stars.
Most Spires possess the following:
- Docking ports at the highest extent to allow shuttles to load and unload passengers and/or cargo.
- A The Continuum is the greater fabric of the Triocracy's alternate reality. Within this Fabric resides the abili... More data stream entering through the topmost tip of the Spire, redirected from a relay in geosynchronous orbit. This high energy stream also acts as a means to propel a space elevator to the relay station via nullspace perturbations caused by the energy stream.
- Spires are typically near coast lines to have a continuous source of water delivered via desalination plants.
- Each Spire has a Crat who oversees administration of the Spire and/or the local system.
As indicated earlier in the entry, there are three types of Spires within the Triocracy:
- Techspires: These spires control all the technology and intellectual property of the Triocracy, as well as the entirety of the The Continuum is the greater fabric of the Triocracy's alternate reality. Within this Fabric resides the abili... More (and Infinispace). Analogous to pre-Transcendence Wars megacorporations. (knowledge)
- Warspires: These spires enforce the edicts of the Triocracy, moderate disputes between Spires, and control all interstellar space travel. Analogous to pre-Transcendence Wars government military organizations. (power)
- Culturespires: These spires are tasked with the enlightenment of Triocracy citizens and control the dissemination of history as well as managing the centuries long strife between Mortalists and Transcendentalists. Analogous to pre-Transcendence Wars education systems and universities. (enlightenment)
There may be other instantiations or variations of Spires within the Sphere of the Triocracy, but are only known to the highest level of Crats.
Exists in: Realspace
LEM Station by Wojtek Fus
Words © 2021, Neal Ulen. All rights reserved.
Images/videos cited © to their respective owner(s).